We’re looking for a Graphic Designer with a fun-loving attitude to join our creative team. They should possess a feminine, high-fashion, edgy, luxury yet cute design aesthetic. The successful candidate will have prior experience in developing branding, visual identity, packaging, collateral and communications. They have the ability to concept and create designs to convey our message with high visual impact; are able to take direction, refine concepts and initiate improvements. This design position requires someone with some fine art background who can handle the truly creative aspects of projects, rather than just the layout. Illustration, type design, and strong concepting skills necessary. A passion for design in daily life. Observes trends, reads relevant blogs and design sites.
This is a full time position. The ideal candidate is interested in cosmetics and the beauty industry, with the ability to work independently and be a self starter.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the team to grow and develop the Sugarpill brand
• Creating branding and marketing collateral
• Developing packaging design and creative concepts
• Working with Illustrators and photographers to achieve results
• Preparing designs for final production and working as a liaison with our vendors
• At least 3+ years experience in graphic design or related field
• Adobe skills: Illustrator, Photoshop
• Mac system/software
• A portfolio demonstrating a core competency in graphic design.
• Experience working with a variety of touchpoints; packaging, branding, advertising, displays, and websites.
• Ability to concept, develop and create a wide variety of creative assets (print, web, advertising, collateral, etc.).
• Familiarity with cosmetics, fashion and beauty trends
• Ability to plan and organize projects.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Must have reliable transportation to and from our office in Los Angeles. (we are near a Metro Gold Line stop).
• Ability to work scheduled hours. (40 hours/week)
To be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, references and a cover letter telling us why you want to work here. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.